When you curl your lashes, they look fabulous. You take a selfie and see that they are still curled! You go out and have amazing selfies with your perfect lashes. You go to bed, and in the morning, your eyes look like two little black fish staring back at you. Your eyelashes have lost their curl! This is an epidemic. Most people’s eyelashes simply refuse to stay curled up for longer than 24 hours after curling them up for 10 minutes. What’s worse is that this happens to most women no matter how often (or not) they curl their lashes every day. Here we will explore some logical reasons why don’t your eyelashes stay curled. Let us begin:
Why Don’t My Eyelashes Stay Curled?
The reason your eyelashes don’t stay curled is that they are growing all the time, so they will always return to their original shape. Plus, if they are not curled, it is easier to apply mascara on them which will make them look more voluminous. I would suggest you curl your eyelashes before going to bed at night and let them dry that way in the morning you can apply mascara and your eyelashes will look gorgeous.
How To Keep Your Eyelashes Curled?
One of the best ways to keep your eyelashes curled is by keeping them hydrated. As we’ve already mentioned, eyelashes are a part of your skin, so keeping them moisturized is essential. Using a good face mask is a great way to keep your lashes hydrated and prevent them from drying out and breaking. A moisturizing face mask like an avocado and banana face mask is perfect for your lashes. Bananas are great for moisturizing your skin, and avocados contain vitamin E, which has powerful antioxidant properties and is great for keeping your eyelashes healthy. Using a face mask once a week is sure to keep your eyelashes moisturized and prevent them from losing their curl.
If you want to keep your eyelashes curled forever, the easiest way to do so is by getting lash extensions. These are synthetic extensions that are glued onto your lashes, making them longer, thicker, and more curled than they could ever be naturally. Many salons offer lash extensions these days, and they are incredibly easy to maintain. The only thing you have to do is get your extensions redone every 2 or 3 weeks. That may seem like a lot of maintenance, but it’s actually a lot less than what you would have to do if you were keeping your lashes curled manually. This is not to say that extensions are a bad choice. They are a great way to keep your eyelashes curled and are much easier than curling them manually.
If there’s one thing that we’ve learned during this article, it’s that eyelash curlers come in different shapes and sizes. That makes it very hard to choose a curler that will actually work on your lashes. To make things easier for you, we’ve chosen 4 curlers that are perfect for different types of lashes. The best curler for normal lashes is a medium size, outlined, and open-ended. A large curler will not work well because it will put too much pressure on your lashes, and a small one won’t put enough pressure on them to curl them. If your lashes are thin, a large eyelash curler would be perfect, but if they are heavy, you should go with a small one. If your lashes are short, you need something that would lift them up and draw attention to your eyes. Something like a squeeze curler would be perfect for that.
The best way to keep your eyelashes curled is by keeping them healthy. If your lashes are weak, there’s a very high chance that they will fall out. That’s why you should always keep your eye cream close by. Lots of eye creams come with lash growth serums, meaning that you don’t have to look for additional products to keep your lashes healthy. A lot of eye creams that come with lash growth serums are targeted toward people who have sparse or weak eyelashes. That makes them perfect for those of you who want to keep your lashes curled but don’t have the time or patience to do so manually.
Lash Growth Serum
Not all of us are born with lush lashes, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t get them. With enough time and dedication, you can make your eyelashes as long and curly as you want them to be. The only problem is that it takes a very long time. If you want your eyelashes to grow faster, there are lash growth serums available online. These are usually made of oils, vitamins, and minerals that help your eyelashes grow faster and thicker. Lash growth serums are great for people who have short or weak lashes, but they may not work for everyone.
Tips For Better Eyelash Curling
- Always use a sterilized eyelash curler. This will help you avoid bacterial or fungal infections, which are very common in the eyelash curler.
- Make sure that the curling iron is not very hot. Otherwise, it will burn your eyelashes and skin, causing inflammation and irritation.
- Choose the curler with the correct size. If you have a very big eye, you will have to use a curler with a smaller size.
- Try to hold the curler for 5 seconds when curling your lashes.
- Apply a lash-conditioning serum before curling. This will help you get the best results and prevent your lashes from breaking.
- Make sure your lashes are clump-free before curling them.
- Avoid curling your lower lashes. They are best left alone, as they are short and don’t need any extra volume or curl.
- Curl your lashes on both sides of your eyes.
- Use a good eye makeup remover to remove the curler after use.
- Do not curl your lashes when they are wet.
- If you are allergic to certain metals, you can also use a wooden lash curler.
- Avoid curling your lashes before an important event.
What Are The Pros Of Eyelash Curling?
- Compared to the traditional false lashes, eyelash curling is an easier process to do at home. Besides, it also lasts longer than false lashes.
- While you can use falsies every day, you can curl your lashes once a week.
- No matter how often you use false lashes, they won’t look as natural as eyelash curling.
- Another pro is that eyelash curling increases the volume of your lashes and visibly lifts them, creating a more defined and youthful look.
- Curling your lashes can help you save time when applying mascara.
- Curled lashes are much easier to apply mascara on than straight lashes. And when it comes to removing your lashes, curling them is much easier than using false lashes.
What Are The Cons Of Eyelash Curling?
- The main con is that with this method, you have to wait for your natural lashes to grow longer.
- If you want your eyelashes to look longer, you will have to wait for them to get longer.
- This can take a long time. Also, it is important to keep in mind that the curl of the lashes is not permanent. It is only the effect of the curling product and will fade away within a few hours.
- You will have to re-curl your lashes every few weeks to achieve the same curl length. As with any lash-tweaking technique, there is a risk of damaging your lashes if you are not careful during application.
- If you use the wrong technique to curl your lashes, you can easily pull them out. Many people also experience sensitivity and irritation when curling their lashes.
If you are one of those who, after a day of curling, find your lashes do not stay curled, then there could be a few reasons for this. Firstly, you must remember that every person’s lashes are different. Some people have naturally curly lashes, and some don’t. There is nothing abnormal about having straight eyelashes, and there is also nothing abnormal about having straight eyelashes that refuse to stay curled. If you have tried curling your lashes with the correct method and they still do not remain curled, you should consider whether they are the correct type of lashes to curl. If they are too straight, they may never hold a curl.