Depending on your ear, waking up with an aching feeling may be a sign of the upcoming flu or cold. On the other hand, if it’s the left ear that hurts when you wake up, this is a sign of a possible stress fracture or rupture. The pain may also indicate that there’s an infection bubbling beneath the surface and will soon break through as a result of your body’s immune response. All in all, there are plenty of reasons why your ears hurt when you get up from bed. Here is the complete guide to why your ears hurt when you wake up and what you should do about it.
Why Does My Ear Hurt When I Wake Up?
The ear is not the only part of the body that has pain when you wake up. The tongue and jaw muscles have a similar feeling. This is called “morning stiffness”. It’s normal if you still have this feeling after a few days. However, if your morning stiffness lasts longer than a month, you can consult your doctor.
What Are The Reasons My Ear Hurt When I Wake Up?
Infection – The ear canal is full of bacteria. This is why ear pain when waking up can be a sign of an infection.
Ear wax build-up – Ear wax is naturally produced in the ear canal. Over time, some of this wax builds up and can eventually block the canal. This causes pain and discomfort when you wake up.
Earwax blockage – You may have dry or excess ear wax that has built up in your ear canal. This can also cause pain when you wake up.
Discomfort – If you haven’t cleaned your ears for a while, bacteria can build up in the canal and cause inflammation causing discomfort when you wake up.
Tumors – Tumors are abnormal growths that occur as cells grow out of control in various parts of the body, including the ears and head. Sometimes tumors form in or on the eardrum or other parts of the inner ear, which may cause pain in your ears or head when waking up.
Sleep Apnea – Sleep apnea happens when breathing stops during sleep because there’s not enough air reaching your lungs while you’re sleeping. The lack of oxygen to your brain and other organs causes damage to them over time which can lead to permanent hearing loss if left untreated. If sleep apnea is causing morning stiffness, it’s important to see a doctor so they can diagnose it properly and recommend treatment options to help prevent permanent hearing loss from occurring.
Ear infection – Ear infection, or otitis media, is inflammation of the middle ear. This causes pain when you wake up and can lead to permanent hearing loss if left untreated.
Tinnitus – Tinnitus is a constant ringing or buzzing in the ears. It may be caused by an ear infection, fluid buildup, an ear injury, or other conditions that affect hearing. Tinnitus can cause pain when you wake up and make it hard to fall asleep at night.
Ear wax build-up – Dry ear wax can clog the ears and cause pain when you wake up. Dry ear wax build-up can also lead to infections if left untreated.
Ear wax blockage – Excess ear wax can also cause pain when you wake up because it gets stuck in the canal. This may block the eustachian tube which prevents air from entering your ears when you swallow air during sleep. If this is happening to you, see a doctor for treatment options to help prevent permanent hearing loss from occurring.
How To Get Rid Of Ear Hurt?
- Massage the affected ear with olive oil
- Put warm water in a bowl and pour some salt and turmeric into it
- Dissolve the two ingredients in the warm water and let it cool down
- Wash your ears with this mixture, let it dry up, then apply a paste of one teaspoon of turmeric powder and one tablespoon of salt
- Massage your ear for about 15 minutes, then wash your ears again with cold water.
- After drying up, apply a paste of one teaspoon of turmeric powder and one tablespoon of salt to your ear again for 15 minutes
- Wash your ears with cold water once again to get rid of any excess mixture on them.
- Repeat the process at least twice a week.
- After a week, you will see that the pain will be gone and your ears will be better.
- You can also use these ingredients in a spray by diluting them with water or olive oil and spraying it in your ears.
- The ingredients you need to make the spray are 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, one tablespoon of cooking oil, two teaspoons of water, and one teaspoon of honey.
- After mixing all the ingredients together properly, spray the mixture on your ears for about 15 minutes at least three times a week to get rid of ear pain and other ills that may affect you such as ear infections.
What To Do If My Ear Hurts?
1. do not sleep on it.
2. do not pull out hair,
3. do not put anything in the ear.
4. use a cotton bud or a needle and the wax of a pencil to clean the ear,
5. use lukewarm water to clean the ear,
6. put some drops of oil in your ear and then massage gently with your fingertips,
7. keep your ear warm for 20-25 minutes after swimming or after showering,
8. apply some ice bag on it for 15-20 minutes,
9. put some drops of oil in the ear and then massage gently with your fingertips,
10. make sure there is no water in the ear,
11. take a steam bath or shower with a head mask to remove heat from the body and promote blood circulation.
12. put some drops of oil in the ear and then massage gently with your fingertips,
13. use a hair drier or blow dryer on low heat to warm up the skin,
14. put some drops of oil in the ear and then massage gently with your fingertips,
The first thing that you should do if your ear hurts is drunk plenty of water. This will help to keep your body hydrated and flush out any toxins that are building up in your system. – Clean your ears regularly to prevent ear infections and other complications. – Take care of your hygiene, apply ear drops, and be careful with allergies to reduce the risk of contracting an ear infection. – Avoid loud noises if you are suffering from an ear infection or some other condition that makes your ear sensitive. Keep your ears healthy and they’ll keep you healthy. With these tips, you’ll be able to keep your ears healthy and avoid any pain or discomfort. Now you know why your ears hurt when you wake up and what you should do about it. Good luck and stay healthy!