Amazon Prime members who order frequently from the online retailer may have noticed that when they expect packages to arrive on a certain day, they often come earlier. Most shoppers are aware that Amazon has many shipping options and is trying to find ways to get packages to customers faster. Many people don’t know, however, that there are different delivery dates for Amazon packages beyond standard Ground shipping. These different shipping options can help you get your package a little sooner if you need it in a hurry or if you know you’ll be out of town during the week of your package’s anticipated arrival date. Here we’ll explain how each of these delivery methods works and whether or not using them is worth it.
Do Amazon Packages Come Early?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as it depends on a number of factors such as the specific Amazon service you are using, your location, and the time of year. However, in general, Amazon packages tend to arrive earlier than expected. This is because Amazon has a vast network of warehouses and distribution centers across the United States, which allows them to ship orders quickly and efficiently. So, if you are expecting an Amazon package, it is likely that it will arrive sooner than you think.
When Amazon Packages Arrive Sooner
Standard shipping is the most common way to ship packages from Amazon. It’s also the least expensive way. It uses a combination of USPS and UPS services to deliver your package. If you order standard shipping, you can expect your package to arrive on or before the date it’s expected to arrive. The only downside of standard shipping is that if you order something that’s heavy or bulky, it may take longer to reach its destination because of the weight or size of the package. That said, if you know Amazon has sent your package overnight delivery, then there’s a good chance it’s already on its way and will arrive in time for when you need it.
This shipping method comes with an upgraded tracking service that gives you more information about where your package is in the process of being delivered, but it doesn’t give you an exact delivery date until after your order ships. This means that while two-day shipping typically arrives sooner than standard shipping, you can’t be sure exactly when until after your order has been shipped and will be delivered by USPS or UPS – so this isn’t really for those who are looking for exact arrival dates! You have a better chance of getting a specific delivery date with this method than with standard shipping because Amazon sends a shipment notification email once your order ships using a two-day service (a good thing if you need to schedule something around when it arrives). You can also check the status of your order on Amazon’s Delivery Status page to see if it has shipped yet and when it will arrive.
This is a service that Amazon offers that’s similar to standard shipping, but it doesn’t come with an estimated date of delivery. Instead, you’ll get a notification that your package is on its way and a tracking number once it ships. You can check the status of your order on Amazon’s Delivery Status page to see if it has shipped yet and when it will arrive. Just like with two-day shipping, you can also use the “Check Order Status” feature at Amazon to track your order before or after it ships (this feature is only available for orders in the United States).
This service kicks off at 5 p.m. PT on the day you place your order and uses USPS or UPS services to deliver packages throughout the night until 8 a.m. PT the next morning, giving you an estimated arrival time of 11 p.m., 1 a.m., 2 a.m., 3 a.m., or 4 a.m. This method is ideal for priority packages like furniture and other large items that need to be delivered within 1-2 days of placing your order because overnight delivery can get packages into customers’ hands within 24 hours from when they’re shipped (or even earlier). If you know that this is a package that needs to be delivered within 1-2 days of placing your order, overnight is a great option. If you want to know more about this service and what it entails, check out Amazon’s overnight shipping information page.
Prime Now And Prime Same-Day Delivery
- Prime Now is an option that you can use to get a package delivered within two hours of placing your order. Prime Now is available in select areas and is only available to Amazon Prime customers.
- On the other hand, when you opt for Same-Day Delivery through Prime Now, you’re guaranteed a delivery time of 2 pm local time (for example). It’s important to note that this option does not include overnight shipping or 2-day shipping, meaning that if your package is not delivered by 2 pm the following day, it may be returned to Amazon and another package will be sent out in its place.
- There are two ways to receive Same-Day Delivery from Prime Now: First, if your order qualifies for free same-day delivery (by being over $35 or under 40 pounds), then it will arrive between 11 am and 6 pm for most cities within the continental US (check out this list of all eligible cities) on the day that it was originally scheduled to arrive. Second, if you opt for free same-day delivery but don’t meet one of the above criteria – such as being over 40 pounds or under $35 – then your order will be delivered between 11 am and 5 pm local time on the day it was originally scheduled to arrive. If your order exceeds these weight/price limits, then it will still qualify for free same-day delivery and be delivered between 11 am and 6 pm local time on the day of your order.
- If you’re not in one of the above qualifying cities, then you can still get Same-Day Delivery for an additional $7.99, which will provide a 2 pm delivery window for most locations within the continental US (check out this list of all eligible cities). This option also includes overnight shipping and 2-day shipping if your package qualifies for it.
Standard Delivery With No Same-Day Service Guarantee
1. Standard delivery
This is the most common shipping option for Amazon packages. It is available to customers regardless of their location and is the default choice for most orders. The standard shipping method is quoted as two to three days for delivery – but it can take up to five days if you live in an area with severe weather conditions. For example, during a recent snowstorm, some Amazon packages were delayed by up to two weeks after the snowstorm because of weight restrictions on trucks used by Amazon to deliver packages.
2. Same-day service guarantee
This option guarantees that your package will be delivered by 1 pm on the day you specify in your order confirmation email or by 10 am on the next business day if you didn’t specify a time frame in your order confirmation email. If you purchase this option, there are no penalties if your package arrives after 1 pm or on a non-business day. If you live in an area where heavy snow accumulates during the winter months, this delivery option may be helpful because it guarantees that your package will be delivered before heavy snows fall and roads become impassable. This shipping method is only available for orders placed before noon Eastern Time (ET), Monday through Friday, and does not apply to orders with expedited shipping options such as 2-day or Overnight services.
3. Standard 2-day service
This option allows customers to specify a 2-day window instead of specific delivery date when they place an order and promises that their package will be delivered by 2 pm on the delivery date specified. This option does not apply to orders placed on weekends, holidays, or during ET hours for Standard service. When you use this option, there are no penalties if your package arrives after 2 pm or on a non-business day.
4. Standard Overnight service
This is the most popular delivery option because it guarantees that your package will be delivered by 6 am the next business day if ordered before noon ET, Monday through Friday. This option does not apply to orders placed during weekends or holidays and does not apply to orders with expedited shipping options such as 2-day or Overnight services. If you live in an area where heavy snows accumulate in the winter months, this option may be helpful because it guarantees that your package will arrive before heavy snowfall occurs and roads become impassable.
Amazon packages arrive sooner than expected when you’re especially close to a distribution center and are ordering during a period of high demand. 2-day shipping guarantees that your package will arrive within two business days. Same-day shipping guarantees that your package will arrive the same day. Standard delivery without a same-day guarantee typically takes between two and five business days.